Can You Feel the Love Tonight

Friday 29 March 2013

Folk Songs

08:40 Posted by airavalky No comments
I very loved Japan because its culture, habit, scenery, history and technology. And because my work is related with technology especially computer, graphic design, mobile phone and website. ^_^
But, I still love my own country, although it has many flaws (-_-) I hope they (no, but WE) can learn the good things from others countries, for better future.
Okay, I'm not going to talk about politics here. I quite tired watch "warui" news, every morning......

Since little, all people surround me usually use Javanese (of course because I live on central Java!). Actually, that's the most subject I hate, beside Math (and don't know since when, I become like with Math). I hate it but I still use it until now ^^;;  I'm only mastering informal Javanese (I'm too lazy to learn the formal form, but now I realize that I need that too).

But, If the Javanese lesson is about singing, I very excited to learn. I love singing very much (although my voice is not good enough ^^;;). Some Javanese songs that I still remember are "Cublak Cublak Suweng", "Gundul Pacul", Tembang (it's Javanese poem / pantun), "Lir Ilir", and "Gado - Gado Semarang".

"Gado - Gado Semarang" really describe Semarang. Such as, "Jare Semarang kaline banjir" = People said Semarang's river is flood (I don't know what is the best word to translate "kali" in English). Yeah, that's right. Every raining season, at least once a year, Semarang will become a sea >_< 

Here is the full lyric:

Semarang jarene mula bukane
Saka tembung kutha aseme arang
Adipatine kang kondhang asmane
Kang katelah Ki Ageng Pandhanaran

Semarang yo yu kutha pesisir
Akeh uwong monco kang podho mampir
Ono koja kang jarene encik
Dhandhang gula dicengkok cara mandarin

Reff:
Jare Semarang kaline banjir
Jo sumelang yen rak dipikir
Sing kondhang yo lik mung gertakane
Gertak Semarang rak ana nyatane

Sing unik yo mas Gambang Semarang
Kendhang dinamis bikin pinggul bergoyang
Koyo londo yen nembang selendro
Ora nganggo fa si mung so la mi re do

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.